Welcome on my blog [:

Monday, September 23, 2013

Ombre Nail Tutorial

Hii everyone,

So I wanted to do a nail tutorial, and I was searching for something cool but I couldn't find anything.. Then I saw a youtube video about doing your nails with an ombre effect, so I wanted to try that! And here is how I did it. Enjoy!

Step 1

 So first get everything that you will need, I used a sponge method with just a random sponge I found in my garage, you need to adjust the sponge to the size of your nails.

- Nail polish remover
- A few swabs
- A piece of sponge
- Nail creme (not essential)
- A tool to make your nails prettier (don't know the name in english)
- A base coat & top coat
- 3 different nail polishes

Step 2

I don't have really pretty nails, but I'm working on it. So i put this creme on my nails so I can also use that tool better. (not essential)


Step 3

This step is also not essential, but if you don't have very long nails, you can push your cuticles back. And you can remove some skin there..


Step 4

This picture looks a bit weird.. But step 4 is just a base coat, this one is from Anny and I really like it.


Step 5

So this is the fun part, you take your sponge and your 3 coulours, and you just paint 3 lines in the way you want. This doesn't have to be lines, you can be as creative as you want! I picked like a light blue, a blue and a darkblue/green with sparkles. And I thought that would give a cool effect.


Step 6

Now you just put the sponge on your nail and move a bit so the nail polish can come of really good. It gets a little messy but we'll clean that when were almost done. You can do one hand with the sponge if you paint it pretty thick.


Step 7

When that is dry, you just put a topcoat on. I'm using a high shine or something from Anny. It's really nice and dries really fast!


Step 8

When everything is really dry, you take some swabs and nail polish remover and you just get rid of all the nail polish that's on your fingers.


Step 9

 So I put a bit more of the creme on my nails to soften them, and this is the final step. I think they turned out pretty cool, not perfect but this was the first time.. I made my sponge surface on the left hand a little bit smaller, but I don't know if you can see a difference. My hands do look really weird on these pictures, like I've got some kind of dirt on my hands..













So this was my first nail tutorial, I hope you liked it. If you did please comment and say you liked it so I know I can make more [: I hope that this gives you some ideas or something.. Thanks for reading, xoxo Lou!





2 comments:

  1. Your nails are so cool ! :D

    Following ;) Feel free to myself - can also observe and comment on? It will be a pleasure for me;)
    http://imagine-day.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I will check out your blog :) thanks for following xoxo Lou

      Delete